May 21, 2023

Little unknown Cecilifier feature

Leia este post em português

Lire cet post en français.

If you plan to learn how to use Mono.Cecil (or even if you use it on a daily basis) I hope that you are aware of Cecilifier (if you isn´t, feel free to read this blog post).

Now, even if you are already using Cecilifier site, I am almost sure you are not aware of one of its feature (especially because it is not documented ;) ): accepting a gist id in the query string!  For example navigating to the following url will open Cecilifier site with the referenced gist processed:

https://cecilifier.me?gistid=412b60e61b2b2158bda06dab73efcbb5

This can be particularly useful when you need to discuss some aspect of the generated code, for example to discuss alternatives, pinpoint a bug, etc (personally I have been using this in some of the bugs I file in Cecilifier).

Have fun!

No comments: